Total Pageviews

14.8.21

Not really a Summer Sale

This is really more about aligning prices between different types of work: prints, both digital and more artisan, as well as originals. Anyone involved in selling their work knows how incredibly difficult it is to price it and in the last few years, with people investing less in art, it's become even more difficult. I started making digital prints of some originals to make them more accessible, experimenting with small editions sometimes and signed non-editions with images I thought would have a longer life. 

Then I started getting into the world of fine art printmaking, experimenting with monotypes, woodcuts and more recently screenprints. Most of these are not editions, but one-offs, either because they are monoprints, of because of a collage base, or additions I make by hand or using rubber stamps. 

I'm currently getting some work ready for an exhibition in an amazing castle in Verduno, in Piemonte this September - more about that soon - where I'll be showing work in a sumptuous but almost domestic setting which has inspired me to choose several different styles. It has also prompted me to look at prices across the range of my work, from commissioned to not, in very different styles and formats.

So this is a rather round about way of saying that the prices of the screenprints on the EastWestPrint Etsy shop have gone down. If you'd like to see them, they are here.



No comments:

Post a Comment